Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Some Wrap Up

Learned some things whilst in Italy.  Like gelato is yummy.  But other more important stuff too.  Even when you pack super light, pack lighter.  Next time, four shirts, two skirts.  Jammies, socks and undies for four days.  One eyeliner, one mascara, one lip pencil.  Small hairspray and small moisturizer, toothbrush and toothpaste.  Earbuds.  In fact, we got everybody a really good set of earbuds.  The cost of good earbuds compared to crappy earbuds is about three or four dollars.  Do not use crappy earbuds, my friends.  So not worth it.  

We used a homeopathic product on our trip to Italy called No Jet Lag.  Amazing.  I ran out of it on the way home, and used camomilla which is also recommended, but we experienced much more severe jet lag on the way  home than on the way there.

A notebook was absolutely indispensable.  A little four inch soft notebook and pen went EVERYWHERE with me, and was used for a variety of purposes.

 Trading email addresses, directions, train numbers, info about a particular place, a place to play tic tac toe, things I wanted to remember to ask/tell/do/see.  How I felt.  Handing secret notes to people.  Toilet paper.  Just kidding, but seriously, PACK TISSUES OR TOILET PAPER WITH YOU.  For Italians, apparently it is optional.

Baby wipes.  Ziploc bags.  In every size.  A clothes line was handy.

I took my ipad with me, after no small interior debate.  And well, a bit bulky, with my bluetooth keyboard and all, but, well, this blog would not have happened on the 'ol iphone.  Nuh uh.

So aren't you the lucky ones?

I'll do a little more wrap up as it comes, and you are all still in my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Funny...my parents returned from their first European trip saying, too, "Next time we're not bringing so much!" (And I'm going to tell them about No Jet Lag, in case they haven't heard of it.)

    So now that you're Experienced International Travellers - with a ready-to-go packing list - with your what's the next big trip?

    ReplyDelete