Sunday, March 31, 2013

Go Day

I didn't sleep much last night.  Partly because the Vigil lasted for over two hours, and we didn't get home until 11:00 p.m.

ALLELUIA!  HE IS RISEN!

Partly because we didn't finish eating pie and whipped cream until nearly midnight.  I mostly had whip cream, because I wanted to be healthy.
Partly because I wanted to get a bunch of last minute important details done like cleaning the house.  Partly because I had a really long bath. Because it would help me wind down and sleep.  NOT.
And partly because I watched some of the beautiful Easter morning Mass at Saint Peter's with Pope Francis. SEE YOU IN A COUPLE WEEKS, PAPA!

 'Cause what else ya gonna do at 2 in the morning?

But mostly because I'm so stinking excited, for today we start oozing our way towards Italy.  After an Easter lunch with friends that will be lovely, we go to my brother's place on the mainland, then fly out tomorrow from Vancouver.  YVR.  YOW.  PHL.  LHR.  BOH.  PSA.  FCO.  YOW.  YVR.

Um.  I just did our whole itinerary in airport codes from memory.  Except Pisa.  Had to look that up.
I think I'm going to start referring to cities by their airport code from now on, just to be cool.  I think while I'm on all those flights, I might memorize the world airport codes.  That would be fun.

Even though I laid my not weary head down at 2:15 this morning, and I blog at you now at 6:28, I've actually been laying here for 10 hours.  It is incredible, no?

Did I ever tell you about the time that Sparky tried to poison me?  Well anyway, the last four hours has been a bit like that.

The kids will be up early, even though they weren't in bed until midnight, because there are Easter baskets hidden all over the house.  That is their favourite part of Easter morning.  My favourite part of Easter morning is that their hair smells like incense, and the kitchen smells like coffee.

Usually I make a nice breakfast of croissants and fruit for Easter morning.  This morning, my friends, they will have to consider themselves lucky to get Raisin Bran.  

No comments:

Post a Comment