Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bananas Foster

We left my brother's house today, and one thing I can tell you. My brother and his family will never let you leave without celebration. The food is always fun and fabulous and the wines flows freely. I think there must be a little Italian in the bloodlines.

Anyway. The first words out of his mouth, when we met up were, "I'm making a kick ass dessert tonight." And, well, it was true. Flames, rum, bananas, ice cream. A winning combination.

Banana Foster a la bad lighting:

Note the blue flame.

The children decided to play a very funny joke because it was April Fool's Day and go hide just as it was time to go to the airport.
Ha
Ha
Ha
Children are so adorable.
I type at you now from a hotel near YOW.  It is 1 52 am.

Quote of the day.
Rosebud:  Mom, can you help me take my backpack off?
The Professor:  Yeah, it gets heavy doesn't it?
Rosebud:  Well, its not that.  My undies are falling down.  

1 comment:

  1. All good uncles should have some specialty - and one of the best-in-the-kitchen is unquestionably flaming food! Glad to hear your children are being brought up right all the way round...

    ReplyDelete