Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chilling in Rome

That title, my friends, is oxymoronic.  Chill.  Rome.  Nuh uh.

Anyway.  As chill as possible, the Rosebud and I spent the morning puttering about, sorting laundry, hanging out, drinking espresso.  Except not Rosebud.

A quiet day, so that was nice.  The boys, however, went up to the dome of Saint Peter's, and had an excellent time once they got past the lineup.

Things move slowly at the Vatican.  And not just doctrinally.  But, we found out today, when you look like you are going to pass out at the Vatican, they can really hustle.  So that's a great comfort.

However, the quality of communications drops rapidly with drops in blood pressure.  Too bad.  Because four Italian Vatican employees saying, "Lady, lady, what??" and those are the only English words they know is not all that helpful.

When it became clear to me that they were asking me for a description of my husband, I did have the wherewithal to say, "con quattro figli" (with four children), and they ran off looking, clearly an easy to spot with that bit of information.

I'm feeling much better now, thank you.  

1 comment:

  1. "A tall man with lots of little kids" is always *my* description of my husband, anywhere - and it always works! People know who I mean right away. Did they find Sparky for you? So sorry to hear about your wooziness...but at least it makes a good blog post! Love the pictures from the dome.

    ReplyDelete